Thursday, January 28, 2010

Day 27: Cutting Corners

We did a pitiful, cut short, we're so hungry, whiny run yesterday. It was funny how the spiral downward and lack of motivation sucked us both down until we agreed. OK - only 5 running segments instead of 6. (Not too bad of a compromise.) I'll give the little guy credit. He doesn't love it but he keeps running (are we really running or just sort of jogging) with me, and he is awesome company. We discuss our day, laugh and support each other.

Chip is on the beach in the Turks and Caicos with Wheel and running... or so he says. I think he may be "running" to the nearest ice cream stand. OH.... he'll pay when he returns! When we speed right past him.

Saturday a.m. is our next scheduled run. The forecast is for snow and sleet; I can tell you no running. I'll get back to it on Sunday afternoon when it warms up. Schedule so far  Mon | Wed | Sat  - seems to be working. But it's hard to believe in 27 days I've only run 10 times. Seems pretty wimpy to me.

New training schedule continued. Podcast week 2*
Workout 10:  warm up 5 mins | run 90 secs / rest 2 mins (6 5 pitiful segments, always asking "are we done yet?") | Cool down

No comments:

Post a Comment