Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Day 19: Back in Queen City

A plane ride, a day's work and I'm back at it in Governor's Square. Team White was down to 2 runners today - me and my son. As soon as we headed down the path, he put on the pout. Oh no... anything but running with the pouty boy! So ensued the normal mom/son questioning...

What's up? You don't seem happy.
"Nuthin"
Well it doesn't seem like nothing. Did something go wrong at school?
"No."
What is it then?
"I just don't know why I'm doing this running training thing. I don't really want to. I can run a 5k!"

Well... there you have it. My 10-year-old son can run a 5k. He never has of couse. And he doesn't need training. Listen, I didn't need training when I was his age either - except maybe a training-bra! No, seriously. If I have to listen to mopey pants the entire run...I might quit... thank goodness he finally cheered up.
He cheered up just in time to twist his ankle on the trail. (Are you seeing a pattern here?) Oh yeah, and I made him keep running; never once gave him an ounce of sympathy. THAT, my friends, is how you get voted Mother of the Year! (He got over the ankle twist pretty quickly. Must not have been that bad.)

As you can see I'm serious about this running thing! Nothing stopping me yet - not even mopey boy.

New training schedule today! Podcast week 2: New music on podcast, too.
Workout 7:  warm up 5 mins | run 90 secs / rest 2 mins (Total of 20 mins) | Cool down while cooking dinner. Readers: don't try this at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment