Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 8: The Gym Run!

With days of freezing temps in the teens, I found many excuses not to run. Then, suddenly it occurred to me ... I could run on the treadmill at the Y. So I trotted off to the gym.

Now let's talk about how crazy it has been to fit running into my life! Well, I missed Wed., Thu., and Fri. - for many reasons, most of them related to job and family. It's hard to be a running mom, but if Molly Barker, Susan Watts, Sally McKinley, Jenny Herndon (need I go on???) can all do it - then so can I.

Once I got to the gym, another obstacle presented itself... All the treadmills were full. It was a big day at the Y for New Year's Resolutioners. So, I went upstairs, plugged in my iPod and started around the track. DONE! I finished week one and next week we'll start week 2.

Workout 2: Stretch; 5 minute warm-up; 8 60-sec. run /90-sec. walk segments; 5 min cool down. round and round and round the track... seeing the same butts over and over again.

1 comment:

  1. Yep...You can do it...and I'm going to keep commenting on your blog to see that you do!!!! Love you Eve!

    ReplyDelete