Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Day 17: No iPod, Egads!

My iPod is dead and I forgot my USB charger cord. Eeeek! I can't run without Robert Ullrey whispering sweet running nothings in my ear! I call Chip to tell him the tragedy laughs. "Can't you just count to 60 running; then count to 90 walking and start over again 8 times?"

"Egads, man!" I reply, "Have you lost your mind? I am not a runner! I must have my Ullrey."

So, it's off to Walmart to find a quick charger or something. Defeated and downtrodden after 10 minutes searching the mega-walmart in Corsicana, TX -- where they have plenty of ride-on shopping cart thingys (I was almost run down twice by women on motorized cart-things coming around corners) but no iPod chargers -- I leave empty handed but determined to run, even without music and my precious Ullrey, I go back to the park.

Looking at my watch was an utter failure and counting didn't really work either, so I used the equi-distant lightposts ringing the track as markers for 60-second and 90-second intervals.

Note to self: running without iPod is like chips without salsa. Tolerable, but boring.

Workout 6: Stretching while watching ducks/swans.  5 minute warm-up watching the clock; 8 complete 5-pole run segments /6-pole walk segments around a pond; 5 min trash pick-up cool down

4 comments:

  1. Sue Gorman turned me onto you, Eve! I'm so happy you are doing this! I'll see you at the GOTR race! I too had my iPod die in Austin this week on Day 1 of the Girls on the Run Summit. Thank God for my Blackberry and Pandora!! Talk to you soon, April Whitlock

    ReplyDelete
  2. April...Good to hear from you. Didn't know you were a runner. All the runners are coming out of the woodwork to cheer me on. I'll need it. thanks....E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, oh goodness. Those motorized carts are called rascals. John and I always tease each other about needing to use them- him with the leg and me back when I had the belly. :)

    Keep up the good training, I'm rooting for you!
    Carina Joss

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eve-I could never run without music either. Also had to cover the time counter on the treadmill-couldn't stand to see the seconds clicking by-felt like each minute lasted forever! Keep up the good work!

    Angie Murphy

    ReplyDelete