Friday, May 7, 2010

24 hours....Girls on the Run..

It all started Jan. 2, 2010. And this morning at 6am, I did my last run where I can say "I've never run a race before."  Tomorrow all that will be over.  It was a sloppy run this morning, listening to Aerosmith and the Stones, but I got it done.

Tonight I joined with fellow GOTR volunteers for an appreciation awards event. Jessica Otto was the MC and handed out some well-deserved awards for Coach of the Year to Cathy Dulin, plus a host of other awards to volunteers, school sites and the Adelaide Awards. Molly joined us and inspired us to believe in ourselves - over and over again. See the pics below.

I'm meeting my friend Susan at the parking lot at 8am. Then it's race time at 9am.

Funny thing is... as a race amateur, I forgot to get my packet today. Since I don't  think of myself as a runner, it never really occurred to me that I needed a number (Wow... my first number.... hope I get #1!) and a t-shirt and a packet... all those things. I just thought I'd show up and run.



See you on the race course. I'll be the one with the big smile.

PS - Can you run with coffee?

1 comment: