Friday, March 26, 2010

8 Minute Stretch...

Last night was my 2nd run in Week 5 of Robert Ullrey's podcast program. As you can see, my couch to 5K progress has been slow... From Jan 2 to March 22...I am just now on week 5.  And the race is only 6 weeks away.

In that time, I have had 2 snow days, 2 major cold/flu attacks and basically I lost all my running partners. My son dropped out a month ago assuring me he could run a 5k without training. Today I find out his baseball game coincides with the Girls on the Run 5K anyway, so he is out. Kaput. No kid in the race.

My husband is still running, but he will now have to be the parent at the game, and besides, our schedules have not synched for weeks. Team WhiteOak is separated by distance/schedule. The Oaks are running (I think) but we don't run together. I can't remember when I ran with anyone other than myself in the past 5-6 posts. In the end, I guess that is how it is - runners are loners.

So last night I ran my first 8-minute stretch, separated by a 5 minute break, and another 8-minute stretch. I ran in the dark, with a little rain. It wasn't so bad. Nothing but me and my thoughts...

Tomorrow... I run 20 minutes straight. Yeah, right. Like that's gonna happen without cardiac arrest!

Training:  Week 5 program: 
March 23 (Tue) ) 5 minute warm up walk | Run 5 mins/walk 3 mins | Run 5 mins/walk 3 mins| 5 min cool down.

March 25 (Thu) 5 minute warm up walk | Run 8 mins/walk 5 mins | Run 8-min. DONE! 5 min cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment